Rational PurifyPlus is a runtime analysis tool to detect memory errors, performance bottlenecks, and code coverage in C/C++ programs. It performs control and data flow analysis on program binaries and instruments them to call its runtime library for memory analysis and data collection.
I implemented support for 64-bit binaries in Purify and PureCoverage for AIX, redesigned Purify/AIX runtime for robust interception of libc functions and system calls, implemented new and dynamic mechanism for identifying system calls in Purify, contributed in designing a mechanism for Purify to work with un-instrumented shared libraries, and several other features. I was also PurifyPlus AIX tech lead for two years. These features were part of 7.0 and later releases.
With: , , ,
Product/Tool Info:Name: PurifyPlus
Official Web Site: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/products/purifyplus/
Download Link: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/r/rpp/
- Download IBM Rational PurifyPlus
- PurifyPlus technical developer content @ IBM DeveloperWorks
- Navigating “C” in a “Leaky” Boat? Try Purify
- Advanced features of IBM Rational Purify: Debugging with Purify
- Advanced features of IBM Rational Purify: Customizing Purify instrumentation and reporting
- Advanced features of IBM Rational Purify: Integrating Purify into software development and testing process
- PurifyPlus for JNI