The Software Concordance is a hypermedia software development environment exploring how document technology and versioned hypermedia can improve software document management. The Software Concordance's central tool is a document editor that integrates program analysis and hypermedia services for both source code and multimedia documentation in XML. The editor allows developers to embed inline multimedia documentation, including images and audio clips, into their program sources and to bind them to any program fragment. Web style hyperlinks are also supported. The developers are able to move seamlessly between source code and the documentation that describes its motivation, design, correctness and use without disrupting the integrated program analysis services, which include lexing, parsing and type checking. The Software Concordance is designed all stages of Software Development Life Cycle.
Product/Tool Info:Name: Software Concordance
- The Software Concordance project page maintained by Tien
- The Software Concordance: Using a Uniform Document Model to Integrate Program Analysis and Hypermedia. Satish Chandra Gupta, Tien Nhut Nguyen, Ethan V. Munson. In 10th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2003). pp 164-163. IEEE Computer Society Press. Chiang Mai, Thailand, December 2003. http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/APSEC.2003.1254369
- The Software Concordance: A User Interface for Advanced Software Documents. Satish Chandra Gupta, Tien Nhut Nguyen, Ethan V. Munson. In 6th IASTED International Conference on Software Engineering and Applications (SEA 2002). pp 181–186. ACTA Press. Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, November 2002. http://www.actapress.com/Abstract.aspx?paperId=24430
- Three Issues in the Use of Versioned Hypermedia for Software Development Systems. Tien Nhut Nguyen, Satish Chandra Gupta, Ethan V. Munson. In 8th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and Hypermedia Systems (SBMIDIA 2002). pp 3–18. Fortaleza, CE, Brazil, October 2002. http://www.vdl.ufc.br/imigra2002/eng-sbmidia.shtml
- Versioned Hypermedia can Improve Software Document Management. Tien Nguyen, Satish Chandra Gupta, Ethan V. Munson. In 13th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Hypermedia (Hypertext 2002). pp 192-193. ACM Press. College Park, Maryland, USA, June 2002. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/513338.513385